Noyce Scholarship (Spring 2021)
The Noyce Scholarship aims to provide up to $11,500 per student per year for a period of two years. Eligible applicants include science or math majors in their sophomore or junior year. The goal of the NSF Robert Noyce Program is to prepare high quality STEM educators, ready to teach in areas of need.
- up to $11,500 per year for a period of 2 years
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your resume.
- Please upload an unofficial transcript from your current college or university. (If you are accepted, an official transcript will be required).
- Please upload an unofficial transcript from any other college or university you have attended. (If you are accepted, an official transcript will be required).
- Please upload the excel spreadsheet of your GPA calculation and projected course of study here. The template provided on siuenoyce.org has two parts, please be sure to complete both parts.
- Please provide the name and email of the first person providing a reference letter for you.
- Please provide the name and email of the second person providing a reference letter for you.
- Please provide the name and email of the third person providing a reference letter for you.
- Essay Prompt: The Noyce scholarships are intended to address a need for high quality teachers in underperforming urban and rural districts in southwestern Illinois. The program encourages students with strong STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) capabilities to participate in research and a range of educational experiences so that they can bring an authentic perspective to what it means to be a scientist/mathematician into their classrooms and engage students in high-needs areas to pursue STEM careers. Noyce scholars will complete field placements in high needs districts and be provided with strong mentors, networks and support systems as they participate in an accelerated curriculum of research, leadership, and teaching. Describe how you exemplify the characteristics sought in a Noyce Scholar and how becoming a Noyce Scholar would affect your ability to become an excellent STEM teacher in a high needs area. Approximate length of completed essay should be 2-3 double spaced pages with a 1 inch margin, size 10-12 font.)
- Show 3 more