John H. Pohlman Memorial Graduate Ceramic Scholarship
1) The recipient(s) will be chosen by a committee consisting of the Chairperson of the Art and Design department and faculty teaching in the ceramics area.
2) Candidates will be asked to submit an application form through Academic Works, a portfolio of ten current ceramic slides, and a one page written statement about the candidate’s artwork and use of the scholarship in their creative activity. Students who have been enrolled in the MFA program for more than 3 academic years, or 6 academic semesters are not eligible to apply.
3) The recipient(s) must meet the following criteria:
- Be officially accepted into the SIUE Studio Arts — MFA Program, specializing in ceramics or an unclassified graduate enrolled in ceramics classes with assigned studio space
- Have established Illinois residency.
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
4) A recipient is eligible to reapply and receive funding for a total of six semesters as long as he/she continues to meet the eligibility guidelines.
5) The scholarship(s) may be applied to in-state tuition only.
- Area of Interest
- Art & Design, College of Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a one-page written statement about your artwork and how this scholarship will benefit your creative activity "PDF format"
- Please provide a portfolio of 10 images of recent ceramic artwork "PDF format"