University Staff Senate Scholarship
The Staff Senate Scholarship is offered for Fall and Summer semesters and provides awards to qualifying SIUE students. To be eligible for consideration for the University Staff Senate Scholarship Award, the applicant must meet the following criteria and requirements:
1. Student must be the child, grandchild, spouse, or civil union partner of a presently employed or retired Civil Service or Administrative Staff employee of SIUE (excluding non-status appointments, appointments of less than 50%, and term appointments of less than six months).
2. Students must meet admissions requirements for undergraduate study at SIUE and be enrolled for the award semester.
3. Applicants with fewer than twelve college semester hours earned:
a. must have an ACT composite of 19 or above (unless exempt because of SIUE admission standards).
b. must have at least a high school GPA of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0=A.
4. Applicants with twelve or more college semester hours earned:
a. must have completed at least one term as a full-time college student.
b. must have at least a college GPA of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0=A.
5. Applicants may apply more than once during their academic career, but the applicant may only receive the award once every two years.
The scholarship awards are applied to the student’s University account for the semester and are considered by the Office of Student Financial Aid in evaluating the overall financial aid package. Should the amount combined with other awards or payments result in a credit balance on the account, the Bursar’s Office will apply a refund check.
The Staff Senate Scholarship Committee evaluates applications based on an essay written by the applicant, overall high school GPA or equivalent, co-curricular activities (e.g. clubs, sports, etc.), honors and awards, work history, and volunteerism. Incomplete applications will not be considered.