Gladys Oney Griffen German Scholarship
Annual scholarship award(s) will be made based on the following restrictions:
- Student(s) shall have a declared major or declared minor in German.
- Student(s) shall show progressive academic development.
- Preference will be given to a student who is not from a German-speaking household and/or community.
- Recipients will be chosen based on nominations made by the faculty of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature.
- Please submit in writing, a one-page typed essay, written in German, in which you describe why you have chosen to study German as well as your future plans. Please submit to Dr. Simms and Dr. Carstens-Wickham.
- Selection shall be made by a Committee of faculty and staff appointed by the Chair of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature.
The award will be an annual award, the payment of which will be made over two academic semesters. The Department will notify the SIUE Foundation of the recipient’s name and social security number for disbursement of fund. Upon selection, the name of the recipient shall be forwarded to Student Financial Aid for verification of eligibility, however, financial need is not a restriction on the award.