Sigma Aldrich Student Grant
This one-time (non-renewable) grant may be used to help with the educational costs of attending SIUE. The recipients will be chosen through a competition or application process conducted by the Dept. of Chemistry. Sigma Aldrich representatives may participate in the selection of the top two candidates from which the Chemistry faculty will choose the final award recipient. Representatives from Sigma Aldrich may not be involved in the final selection of the recipient.
The recipients must meet these criteria:
- Live in the greater St. Louis metropolitan region.
- Be a junior or senior with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Have declared a major in Chemistry, but a declared major in Biology may also be acceptable if the applicant pool needs to be broadened.
- Must have previous employment history, part-time, full-time internship. Previous work history in the field of chemistry is a plus factor.
- Must demonstrate interest in an industrial chemistry career.
- Must be a well-rounded individual as evidenced by breadth of study, extra-curricular activities and/or work/volunteer experiences.
- Area of Interest
- Chemistry, College of Arts and Sciences