Phi Kappa Phi Undergraduate Scholarship
Chapter 203 of the Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society provides an undergraduate scholarship each spring semester. Students who are eligible for this scholarship:
• Must be an undergraduate with at least junior standing (60 hours) at the end of the fall semester 2018
• Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5
• Must have earned at least 24 semester hours at SIUE by the end of the fall 2018 semester.
*Note: Students who receive a 100% waiver for tuition and fees are not eligible for this scholarship.
Students must provide the following:
• Up-to-date transcript (Fall 2018 grades must be submitted as soon as available)
• Résumé that includes work experience, self-development and service activities, extra-curricular activities, financial scholarships and/or awards, school and/or other organizational memberships
• Personal statement that describes the most valuable aspect of the educational experience at SIUE
• Statement of career goals that articulates how his/her SIUE education will help fulfill these goals
• Two confidential letters of recommendation from SIUE faculty or staff
NOTE: Students should follow up on their requests for letters to be sure that they have been submitted by the deadline.
All students are welcome to apply. The scholarship amount is $750. If a student is a Phi Kappa Phi member or becomes a new initiate, an additional $250 is available for this scholarship. Payments will be made directly to the student’s account at the SIUE Bursar’s Office. The award must be fully disbursed at SIUE within twelve (12) months of receipt.
Award recipients will be recognized at the Phi Kappa Phi Chapter 203 Initiation Ceremony on April 3, 2019.